Pages

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

1st Food Blog! Inside Out Lasagna

     So today, I'm just going to come right out and say, I eat A LOT. It might just be my age but for whatever reason, I still eat a tonne of food. So while cutting weight for my first tournament, I've found it kind of difficult to keep on track with my goals that I've put in place, so I thought "hey, why don't I scour the internet and places like FitSugar and Pinterest for new recipes to try to keep my so-called New Year's Resolution on track?" And that I did! So from today out, I'm going to to make a new recipe every day, eat it and let you know how it goes! Not only does this help me out with my cooking skills, which at the moments aren't exactly at chef level, and also keep me in line for my competition! 

     Tonight I'm trying Inside Out Lasagna from FitSugar tonight and hoping for the best! This dish Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, and only ~275cals per serving so that'll be good post-workout, i'm hitting the gym after Math today, and great before BJJ because it won't be too heavy. 

     If you click on the link above, it will open in a new tab so you can follow the recipe yourself, but I'll copy and paste the ingredients here too, so that you can see my tips and tricks along with some things you might need to know while shopping or cooking the dish. 


yum! Sounce: Inside Out Lasagna 


First things first: 
Ingredients:

Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (Preferably San Marzano) (I used PC Organic Tomato and Basil Sauce instead of making my own)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (I used less, because I am a little sensitive to garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (not too much! It's spicy!)
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped basil

For the Baked Ricotta:
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Ricotta
- 1 Large Egg
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
As well as 
1/4 cup of fresh parmesan for topping
12oz whole wheat or Gluten-Free Penne* 

*(I personally wont be using the Gluten Free version, because I don't have a sensitivity to it, and because we already have Penne at home, but the next time I make this I might swap it out to see if it changes the taste at all. It's all personal preference, so enjoy it the way you would like!)
I'll be cooking this around 3pm tonight, so I will have my review and some pictures up tonight by 5pm so check back in and give it a try yourself! let me know how it went!
(To read my review, click on the word "Review" for the link! It'll open itself up in a new window, Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment